Automatic WHM / cPanel Full Reseller Backup Script
The Automatic Professional WHM/cPanel Reseller Backup Script lets you:
- ‘Dummy Mode’ – when enabled (turned on by default) the script will process exactly as normal, but will neither perform the backups, nor delete any old files. Instead it will just print a log of what it would do. This is perfect for testing your configuration and seeing that it works exactly as expected.
- Supports the latest version of cPanel/WHM (v11.34 at the time of writing) with API access enabled.
- Supports use of both secure and non-secure WHM/cPanel access using ports that you specify. You are responsible for ensuring any SSL implementation on you cPanel is working if you decide to use a secure connection.
- Support for custom log files, or to print to STDOUT. You can chose which, and where.
- Supports the use of domain filtering per backup run.
- Domains that are backed-up may be filtered by an explicit list of domains, e.g. abc.com, xyz.net
- Domains may be filtered by a regular expression. (advanced)
- Backup files may be copied as per cPanel API options: Passive FTP, Active FTP, Secure SCP, or copying to your home directory for each domain.
- Full support for specifying the remote FTP connection details if you chose FTP in the previous option.
- You can specify an email address which will receive notifications of completed backups.
- The option to automatically delete old files from FTP (see restrictions below)
How does the cPanel Web Hosting Backup Script work?
The steps necessary to getting this script to work are as follows:
- Download the package (after you purchase it)
- Open the following file in your favourite text editor:
- Simply configure each option that is detailed in the file. There are full comments on how you should complete the file.
- Save the configuration file.
- Upload all the files from the package to a server or web space of your choice.
- Either execute the file:
perform_whm_fullbackup.phpat the command-line, or call it using a browser.
- Once you’re happy with the results, setup your CRON job and leave it to run.