We wrote yesterday that Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 was released to public.
We’ve been hard at work preparing our WordPress Twitter Bootstrap CSS plugin so that you can take advantage of the latest Twitter Bootstrap as soon as possible.
Today we’ve released the first beta of the plugin for those that want it now.
95% of the implementation and testing has been done, but there are a couple of outstanding issues that still need to be addressed.
Outstanding issues for WordPress Twitter Bootstrap v2.0 beta
As with any new major release, there will be a couple of issues.
We have finalised the code necessary for you to include all the new v2.0 Twitter Bootstrap features. However, some functionality available in v1.4.0 of the Twitter Bootstrap library may not function correctly in v2.0.0.
It is for this reason we have released it as v2.0.0-beta1 and the following are some points you should note before upgrading:
- There are 2 versions of Twitter on the plugin now: “Twitter” and “Twitter Legacy”
- With “Twitter Legacy” selected, you run on Twitter Bootstrap version 1.4.0
- With “Twitter” selected, you run on Twitter Bootstrap version 2.0.0
- WordPress Twitter Bootstrap CSS plugin versions number: are now aligned with the latest stable release of Twitter Bootstrap, starting with version 2.0.0
- If you’re upgrading from pre-2.0 version of the plugin, and you were using “Twitter”, you will automatically be switched to “Twitter Legacy” so as to retain your existing configuration.
- Twitter Bootstrap shortcodes that were released with version 0.8+ of the plugin may not work with “Twitter” version 2.0.0 on the plugin
- It should be noted that because of a change of wording on Twitter Bootstrap, “twipsy” has been replaced by “tooltip” throughout
- Shortcode [TBS_TWIPSY] only works with “Twitter Legacy” and has been replaced with “[TBS_TOOLTIP]” when using “Twitter”
Get the WordPress Twitter Bootstrap CSS plugin today!
The plugin is of course free, and you can grab it from the WordPress.org repository here.
Your best bet is to add it from within your WordPress website by searching for “WordPress Twitter Bootstrap CSS”. Of course, if you already have it installed your website will notify you of the latest update in the next 24hrs.
Please feel free to offer feedback on our contact page, or better yet comment below so everyone can follow along.
Hope you love it!